Software development in Australia is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, with ample scope for outsourced offshore and onshore software development to companies overseas. Every software development company in Australia makes a huge contribution to the domestic economy and takes the country to a new level every year. According to the IT Ukraine research report, Software Development Australia is the industry where software engineers are in high demand.
Let’s take a look at various aspects of Software Development in Australia such as how much it cost to develop a software tool, what is the average salary of a developer, the importance of outsourcing, future prospects of an Australian software developer in the industry, and What are the alternatives to Australian software development companies.
Software Development Company in Australia 2023
According to data from the IBIS World Research Report, the total market value of Australian software development companies in 2023 is approximately $13 billion. It has grown at the rate of around 11.4% per annum during the last 5 years. This trend of growth in software development services in Australia will also continue for the next five years. There are 1,000+ IT providers in the software development market in Australia right now. According to ACS Australia’s Digital Pulse, the digital sector is expected to contribute approximately $139 billion to the Australian GDP by the end of 2020. In addition, 40% growth is projected by the end of 2023.
Australia is becoming one of the fastest-growing education and technology hubs in the Asia Pacific region. It attracts many engineering students and skilled and qualified engineers and developers to pursue their life goals in this country. Therefore, Software Developers in Australia became in great demand.
Australia, on the other hand, is the most remote country from technology hubs like Europe and America. Large time gaps and long distances become a barrier to facilitating collaboration between software companies. That’s why European and American IT companies often look for close partners. For Europe, the most affordable nearby destinations are Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria and Poland. These Eastern European countries have made considerable progress technologically in recent years, especially in Ukraine. More and more software companies are considering Ukraine as an IT destination.
Software Development in Australia Important Facts
The number of new companies registered in Australia during the year 2021 was approximately 225,000. Among a large number of new companies, there were also a large number of custom software development companies in Australia, which were registered in 2021.
Let us have a look at some interesting facts and figures related to specific software development companies in Australia and the software development industry in Australia.
- The proportion of newly registered software companies is between 0.8% and 1% of all registered companies in the twelve months of Australia 2021
- The Victoria region ranks first in terms of the number of registered companies, followed by the New South Wales and Queensland regions. That’s why software development services in Melbourne are very popular
- Every 10th software developer in Australia earns an average of over $2,548 per week
- Healthcare and social support are the largest industries where software use is widespread
- Programming, systems analysis and systems evaluation are top in-demand skills for Software Developers in Australia
- The migration flow of software developers and programmers during the last few years has been around 5,000. Used to be
- The total number of temporary skilled ICT worker flows in 2018-19 is 9,900, which is 26% lower than the previous years
- Around 6,000 ICT graduates and postgraduates completed their courses in 2019
- ICT services exports were $3.8 billion and imports were $3.27 billion in 2018-19
- API-based software solutions projected to grow four times by 2020
- The Australian software development industry not only supports local industries but also earns foreign exchange through software service exports to other countries.
Custom Software Development Australia Companies Success
Computer programming and software development play an important role in the overall development of Australian industries as well as the country’s exports. Custom software development in Australia is expected to grow steadily over the next five years, according to information from the Australian Government’s Department of Employment.
According to the job outlook related to computer software development, more than 60,000 jobs will be created in the industry by 2023. The custom Australian software development market employed over 104,000 developers and programmers in 2019.
The Australian Financial Review estimates a whopping $84.8 billion in technology spending. ERP software companies in Australia forecast an 11.7% increase in their spending over the previous year.
Therefore, the IT industry, especially software development, is set to grow substantially over the next few years. But the growth of the IT market requires an increase in the workforce, and here Australia is facing trouble. During the past years, there has been a severe shortage of developers in Australia, and this gap continues to widen. According to forecasts, there will be a shortage of one lakh IT workers in the country by 2024.